The goals of the SEIB cover four different areas:
To Foster Biomedical Engineering
- To promote the coordination and education in Biomedical Engineering (undergraduate degrees, masters programmes and doctorate programmes) within the framework of the European Space for Higher Education (ESHE).
- To promote the professional recognition of the new graduates in Biomedical Engineering.
- To facilitate the relationships between industry and its member organizations.
- To promote research in Biomedical Engineering.
- To foster and reinforce the annual conference of our Society, CASEIB.
- To consolidate the cooperation with scientific networks in the area of Biomedical Engineering.
Relationship with society
- To strengthen our participation in the IFMBE (International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering) and the EAMBES (European Alliance for Medical and Biological Engineering & Science).
- To increase and deepen the cooperation with other national and international Technical and Medical Societies.
- To improve the initiatives and communication strategies within the SEIB (to reactivate the website of the SEIB, to promote the participation in social networks).
Attention to members
- To improve communication and dissemination of information to the members.
- To encourage the recruitment of new members.
- To promote the role of student member.
Organization of the SEIB
- To improve the internal operation of the society.
- To impel the formation of thematic Working Groups.
- To develop a strategic plan for the SEIB.