Position in AI-Based Biomedical Signal Analysis
The research group BioMIT.org is focused on basic and applied research as well as technologic innovation in biomedical engineering at UPV in Valencia. One of the group’s research lines is focused on the development and application of modern signal processing and artificial intelligence techniques to properly analyze and extract clinically useful information of the human cardiac activity. Within this line, the group is now offering a research position associated to a national research grant funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.
- University Degree/Engineer’s Degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Preferably completed a Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering
- Strong academic background.
- Proficient in Matlab programming.
- Robust background in signal processing.
- High proficiency in English.
- Interest in research and completing of a doctoral thesis.
- The candidate will develop signal processing and artificial intelligence methods for quantitative assessment and clinical validation of the cardiovascular condition in patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases monitored by wearable devices.
- Position as a senior research technician with full time dedication.
- Three years contract with the possibility to further extension.
- Starting by early January 2024.
If interested, please contact José J. Rieta ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) sending your CV, academic record and a motivation letter explaining your interest in being part of this project. Please note that the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, so applying earlier will enhance your chances.
Please, apply no later than December 15th, 2023.
The UPV (www.upv.es) is a public higher education institution dedicated to research and innovation, ranking as the top ICT university in Spain and within the top 200 globally. The UPV community comprises over 30,000 individuals, with nearly 29,000 being students, including around 10% pursuing PhDs. Spanning 600,000 square meters, UPV houses a scientific structure with over 3,500 researchers integrated into 15 University Research Institutes, dozens of Research Groups, and specific Departments.
- Ciudad : Valencia
- Organización : BioMIT.org - Universitat Politecnica de Valencia